Monday, February 22, 2010

A Long Overdue Vacation

My dear friend Lucy lives in Munich, Germany. A few months back, the two of us were talking about meeting up with one another. Although I have always dreamed of going to Europe, time, finances, or circumstances have prevented me from going. Until now.

I am not sure if there is anyone that still does not yet know that I have a vacation planned for next month to Munich, though perhaps planned is not quite accurate. I have my passport and tickets, my bags are essentially packed, and my time off from work has been approved. Everything on this end is waiting for the countdown timer to run out.

However, by accident or design, there is no itinerary of what to do when I arrive. Over the course of many discussions, there has been a multitude of locations to visit as well as things to do and all of them sound excellent, but absolutely nothing has been decided on.

At this point, I am offering an opportunity to you. Below are a few of the ideas discussed. You can recommend one, some, all, or tell me some of your own ideas. There is no guarantee that I will do everything, but I intend to make the most of my visit and enjoy every waking moment.

Here are some of what has been mentioned:

Drink beer in a beer garden
Dine out
Neuschwanstein and other castles
Pinakothek and other museums
English Garden
Marienplatz and shopping at Viktualienmarkt
Schloss Nymphenburg
Check out the night life
Enjoy Lucy's company (this is not negotiable)

Please remember that I have only a week for this visit. So what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. You DEFINITELY need to Schloss Nymphenburg - that sounds extremely kinky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you are thinking something on the line of Castle Anthrax in Monty Python's Holy Grail?

    ReplyDelete